Here is Ascend Body’s plate of the week! If you are looking for a quick and healthy breakfast solution to early mornings on the go, try out this simple, Paleo Sweet Potato Breakfast Quiche the next time you are meal prepping.
Sweet potatoes are super tasty and give this simple dish a nice texture and flavor. This nutrient-rich, paleo dish contains plenty of antioxidants, and vitamins perfect for a strong start. The eggs and ground turkey provide healthy fats and protein to fuel you through your day, while the spinach and sweet potatoes provide carbs to make this a filling and satisfying breakfast!
The quiche style dish can be easily refrigerated and reheated for a seamless morning and makes the perfect pre-BOOST meal to fuel you through a great workout!
- 12 eggs
- 1 lb sweet potato
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup of red bell peppers
- salt & pepper
- coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a skillet with coconut oil and cook ground meat in a skillet until browned. Season while cooking.
- In a 9×9 glass baking tray, combine sweet potatoes with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, salt and pepper to taste, toss to coat well. Pour cooked meat and fresh spinach over the potatoes.
- Whisk and season eggs before pouring them over baking tray.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes to ensure that eggs are cooked through and sweet potatoes are tender.
For more inspiring recipes and motivation, follow our Instagram @Ascendbody!